ARUNACHAL PRADESH NURSING COUNCIL (APNC) :-
1.STRIVES FOR QUALITY NURSING EDUCATION.
2. STRIVES FOR QUALITY NURSING SERVICES.
ACCOMPLISHMENT OF APNC UNDER PRESENT REGISTRARSHIP.:-
Since its establishment in January 2012, and its Notification in Government official gazette on 17th March 2012, APNC start functioning with zero balance. However, there was no look and staffs and the Registrar APNC determine to implement the provision enshrined under APNC ACT 2011 in true spirit. Some of the accomplishment after January 2012:-
E 2013 as per sec. (30) APNC Act: (Repeal and saving.):-
- APNC has started Aadhar based biometric authentication system (online nurses’ registration and Tracking System under Indian Nursing Council.
- Successfully changed nomenclature of existing Nursing cadres vide MED/NS/3/2012 pt-II Dated 16th Jan’2019 as Nursing Officer against Staff Nurse, Senior Nursing Officer against Ward sister, Assistant Nursing Superintendent against Assistant Matron, Public Health Nursing officer against Public Health Nurse, District Public Health Nursing Officer against District Public Health Nurse and Tutor against Sister Tutor.
- In its true sense of implementation of implementation of APNC Act. 2011, council have cancelled U/S (16) 29 Nos. of ANM & 67 Nos. of RNRM from its register maintained u/s (13) APNC Act. 2011.
- Another 4 Nos. of RNRM practice license has been suspended U/S (19) (c) for having dual registration & professional misconduct.
- Wiped out mushrooming of unrecognized Nursing Institutes in the State AP.
- Took over all recognized Nursing Institutes from Assam Nurse Midwives and Health Visitor Council on 28th Jun 2013.
- Stopped unspecified course offered at RKM in 2013 that was against INC norms.
- Halt appointment of the candidates passed out from unrecognized Institutes 2013.
- Stopped unchecked students admission beyond permitted seats in Govt. and private Nursing Institutes 2014.
- Won a case filed by unrecognized candidates in Gauhati High Court, Itanagar permanent Bench 2014.
- Shoulder the responsibility of conducting examination twice a year of 7 ANM schools, 6 GNM schools recognized by INC & APNC in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Maintaining a registers of various Nurses working Nurses under sub sec. (a), (b), (c), (d), of sec.(13) APNC Act 2011.
- Entering the student Nurses passed out from Nursing Institutes located within Arunachal and test and examination conducted by APNC under sec. (17) APNC Act. 2011.
- Conducting council meeting twice year normally and an extra ordinary meeting u/s (18) APNC Act. 2011 and completed 11th Board meeting till date.
- Entering the name of Nurses working under both Govt. and private Hospital in the state of Arunachal Pradesh in the registers that are already registered with other Nursing Council u/s (18) APNC Act. 2011.
- Conducted 2 workshops on new syllabus of ANM and GNM in 2013 & 2014.
- Conducted an awareness camp on APNC Act 2011 in state capital, Aalo, Ziro and Pasighat in 2014 and 2015.
- Publication of booklets and pamphlets of APNC Act. 2011.
- Initiate action of notification empowering DMOs u/s (26) APNC Act. 2011.
- Taken active part in establishing 3 Govt. ANM schools and 3 GNM school in the state.
- Active initiation in establishing 6 months promotional Training centre at Doimukh for senior ANM.
- Conducted training of teacher on methodology of Teaching in 2015.
- Wed-out one fake nurse in 2015.
- Inspect and recommend the need of nurse in 10 Hospital including Govt. and Private within capital complex.
- A historic decision among all councils to allow a special examination of candidates passed out from unrecognized Nursing Institute prior to or during 2012.
- Abolish distance education systems which are not in conformity with INC Norms.
- Finally rigorous weeding out of fraud and fake nurse are in active process since November 2016. Cancelled 59 RNRM, 30 ANM license in Oct’ 2016. More such fraud Nurse to be removed from the APNC in next two three months.
An Appeal to one and all for cooperation and help under public interest, for safety and security of you, me & your family members as a patient. Any one may fall the prey under them.
Arunachal Pradesh Nursing Council